Saturday, June 30, 2007

It's Official - They're Letting Me Go

Well everybody, they're officially letting me fly to London. I'm not entirely sure how to get to the bus when I arrive or what to expect but I guess that's part of the adventure.

I'm updating from my Blackberry as we speak, getting ready to embark on the flight from Chicago to London. I'll arrive in Heathrow at 7.00 a.m. London time (2.00 a.m. EST) and I'm sure you'll see an update sometime tomorrow.

I believe I have everything I'll need but if not I can figure it out UK style. I purchased my last meal in the states. It was, of course, a Mexican entree. Who could ask from anything more out of life.

With chipotle burrito in hand and just a seven hour and fifty minute flight between me and the UK I could hardly think of a better or more exciting immediate future (even if I am in seat 26E, where I'll be housed in with two people toward the isle on the left and two people toward the isle on the right).

One of muy life dreams is becoming a reality. Thanks for reading, sharing it with me, and being a part of the opportunity of a lifetime. More updates to come soon but now I'm off to see what the in-flight movie will be.

Until later,

LP

Currently listening to: Vampire Weekend's "Oxford Comma" myspace.com/vampireweekend

0 comments: