Monday, January 21, 2008

It's Not About What You're Wearing...

UMass softball practice kicked into full gear last Friday the 11th and I think the team is further along than we've ever been. Our two sessions days have been exhausting, but all in all the energy is positive and everyone is active and engaged. Players are making incredible plays like you wouldn't believe, and every day I look on my teammates with pride. Not only that, but I'm one of the few college players I know who can truly say she loves her coaching staff.

A few days ago Coach Sortino (whose ability to breathe without softball is probably in question) offered a gem of advice that applies not only to the game, but to style.

"It's not about what you're wearing," Coach said at the end of our first session of the day. "It's about feeling good about what you're wearing."

She was referring to our incredibly uncomfortable practice pants at the time, but couldn't you see a line like that in Vogue? Now that Coach is offering solid fashion advice I think we're legitimately ready to dig our cleats into the dirt and play some competition...or at least get out of the stifling Boyden gym air.

***

R.I.P. Bobby Fischer. You were honorable mention on the upcoming UMass softball profile survey's three people I'd most like to meet, dead or alive.
***

As always, let's talk about music. Three years ago I predicted popular music would move into something dashed with electronic happiness. We're starting to see some of that, but it's a little different than what I imagined at the time. One of my favorite dance/rock blend bands right now is Junior Senior. They sit somewhere between ubercool and guilty pleasure, but check them out. You're sure to have a good time.

0 comments: