Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pork Chops, Applesauce, and The Real Life Simpsons

I'm not sure what this family was doing when they had the idea to recreate the Simpsons intro in real life, but I like it. I would like to think that they were sitting at the dinner table eating pork chops and apple sauce when the Lisa equivalent said (because of course Lisa would be the type to have an idea like this), "Hey, Bart (or whatever his real name is) doesn't have any sleep overs this weekend and dad isn't working late this Friday night, let's become famous on YouTube by recreating the Simpsons intro."

From there Maggie gave her pacifier a few sucks and the deal was sealed. The family set into filming. At least that's how I imagine that magical night in the three dimensional Springfield of real life. You can check out the final product below:



Random Thought: Why does it always seem like I need three Oreos to even feel like I've eaten one? I don't necessarily need four but being limited to one or two is a simply dreadful thought. Does anyone else feel this holy Oreo trinity?

***
I was introduced to a band called Lowry earlier today. I'm getting an advance of their new album so glue yourself online to look for the review I'll put out soon. Or, just believe me now when I tell you that if you like Bright Eyes or think you might enjoy a folkier Frou Frou or tamer Flaming Lips then you'll probably love Lowry.

They're deep, layered and intense, and they constantly drop lines like, "There is a color that smells like her hair; I can't name it." Lowry is a calming escape, so don't let them slip through your fingers.

0 comments: