Saturday, July 7, 2007

Wedding in Progress

There is a wedding at Trinity College going on right outside my window. I thought about jumping into my formal dress quickly to snag a piece of cake, but of course that was just a fanciful thought. The wedding kicked off in the Trinity Chapel, where interestingly enough, the body of the college's founder is preserved. After the wedding itself and some socializing in the courtyard the wedding moved to the other side of the building and into where the Trinity College garden used to be. Now there's just a lawn because in the 1800s (I think that's when it was) they decided to do away with it because the garden was too French rather than English. Now the garden stands, and from my window I can hear an amazing and elegant live jazz band as well as the rumble of well dressed people mingling. Below are a couple pictures.

Just as I took this picture the band was getting up for a break.

A quick shot of part of the crowd. I love the feathered hats so many of them wear.

One more travel tip for those of you planning to go to the UK. If you're interested in assimilating with the locals on any level, be sure and buy a messenger bag. Not only is is convenient, but it's stylish for the area. It's ideal to buy the bag in the United States because everything is ridiculously expensive (I bought the cheapest market soda possible yesterday for nearly $2.00 American). I've been shopping around but can't seem to find anything in my price range. Here are my dream bags but because of their irate cost, the search continues.



Freitag, a business started by two brothers who hand-make ever accessory, has a selection of bags made entirely from recycled goods. These bags are made from the material used on the side of freight trucks and are therefore rain resistant and nearly indestructible (like a Nalgene only better). Plus, every bag is one of a kind. (Sigh.)All The Kings Men is a brand out of Australia that specializes in messenger bags made from recycled plane seatbelts. There are so many useful pockets it's incredible.

There's always more to write but I'm going to leave it at that and do some reading. Enjoy your Saturday and we'll talk again soon.

Keeping in accordance with tradition, I'm currently listening to the British indie techno infused rock group Milke - "Pleasure and Pain"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
might , probably curious to know how one can make real money .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s it!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://hawawobam.builtfree.org/upakut.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in large initial investment.
Now, I feel good, I started to get real money.
It's all about how to choose a proper companion who uses your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the profit with me.

You may get interested, if there are such firms? I have to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]