Thursday, March 27, 2008

Lowe's Senior Class Award

UMass softball recently broke the 500 mark and we're on a roll. We won a double header against Dartmouth yesterday during the season's first double header and we're off to practice a couple days before our next home double header this weekend. Yes, there's still some snow in the forecast and my lips are wind burned and crackly, but finally we're outside and playing ball.

As some of you may or may not know, I was nominated for the Lowe's Senior Class award. My father, in his high wit, recommended I look into getting a job at Lowe's as a result. Voting for the top candidates begins today and this is where you can continue to make a difference in my life. Your undying support and kind words have inspired me in the past, now you can help make a difference by actively voting for me online. I almost feel like an American Idol...maybe I'll have to devise a way for you all to text in your votes.

Anyway, there are two ways to support me, and you can vote for me daily from as many computers as possible (wink, wink).

You can vote for me by clicking here and then following the "Vote Now" link in the upper right hand corner (as well as typing in the self-explanatory anti-spammer code they give you).

A friend has also created a Facebook group, which you can join by clicking here. This group has a link that will take you automatically to the same voting page as above. Alright, enough unabashed self-promotion. Let's get to the tunes.

***
Today's music recommendation fuses soul and downright catchy choruses. Check out Kirsten Price, whose new album Guts and Garbage will release in the U.S. on June 17th. Her music can be gritty and avant garde, but some of her melodies are downright addictive. I recommend "All Right" for a prime example of her work.

1 comments:

Jaclyn Muns said...

We will make this the best Lowe's Senior CLASS Award campaign to date :)