Friday, April 11, 2008

The 50 Spot Survey

I just received one of these little surveys via email so I thought I'd publish it on the ole' blog. Why not, right? If you're interested in reading it then by all means do so. If not though, I assure you that my old style of posting will be back soon. Thanks and enjoy the 50 Spot Survey.

1. Do you like blue cheese? Yes, I love it.

2. Have you ever smoked heroin? No

3. Do you own a gun? No, I hardly kill spiders.

4. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? Can't say I've ever had Sonic.

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? I guess I don't go often enough to know.

6. What do you think of hot dogs? I'm glad they exist but I'm not an over exuberant fan of the Frank.

7. Favorite Christmas movie? It's probably whatever shows up from the top of my Netflix queue.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? The first thing I reach for is my bedside water bottle.

9. Can you do push ups? Absolutely

11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? My 32 necklace.

12. Favorite hobby? Oh dear this is a tough one. I'll name some of my favorites: Music, Reading, Learning, deep conversations.

14. Do you have A.D.D.? No.

15. What's one thing you hate about yourself? Goodness. What a question

16. Middle name? Lauren

17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment.... I love this song ("Sideways" by Citizen Cope), I should take a shower, I want everything to work out well in the future.

18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday... A chile relleno and horchata at Veracruzana (I think that was yesterday). I also gave $10 to a UMass softball related gift.

19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Chocolate milk, Slurpees, and Root Beer

20. Current worry? What the future will look like.

21. Current hate right now? I can't say I hate much of anything right now. I'm not much of a hater.

22. Favorite place to be? Dancing in my living room.

23. How did you bring in the New Year? Eating breakfast in La Jolla.

24. Where would you like to go? Somewhere amazing. Actually, I'd love to travel the world.

25. Name three people who will complete this? I'm sure quite a few people have filled one of these out at some point in their life.

26. Do you own slippers? Nope.

27. What shirt are you wearing? An old UMass softball t-shirt that fits me perfectly.

28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Yes, they are very cool and slippery. (Disclaimer: I copied that answer verbatim because I liked it).

29. Can you whistle? Sort of. Let's just say the intent is there.

30. Favorite color? I think I like the all the colors.

31. Would you be a pirate? AHAHA. When I was around 3 years old my mom would bring me to work every now and then and the other stock brokers would ask me, "So do you want to be a stock broker just like your mother?" My answer was always, "No, I want to be a pirate." I guess that confirms I was a little weird right from the beginning.

32.***** What songs do you sing in the shower? Whatever happens to pop into my head. I sing an ode to the number 32 before turning off my faucet without fail though.

33. Favorite girl's name? I'm not sure.

34. Favorite boy's name? Again, I'm not sure.

35. What's in your pocket right now? My shorts don't have pockets.

36. Last thing that made you laugh? I thought of a funny pun and got quite a hoot out of it.

37. Best bed sheets as a child? Blue patterned sheets. I also had some leafy ones that look like the current Pottery Barn water bottle pattern.

38. Worst injury you've ever had? Fortunately the worst injury I've suffered is a dislocated hip.

39. Do you love where you live? I would say so. I think I'll always love home.

40. How many TVs do you have in your house? One.

41. Who is your loudest friend? It depends on the occasion.

42. How many dogs do you have? Zero.

43. Does someone have a crush on you? I'm not sure.

45. What is your favorite book(s)? Oh wow. There's a loaded question. Probably The Prophet but my list of favorites could stream from here to India.

46. What is your favorite candy? It depends. I love chocolate, Twix, Fun Dip, Pop Rocks, Crazy Dip, and Score or Heath Bars.

47. Favorite Sports Team? Why UMass softball, of course.

48. What song(s) do you want played at your funeral? I'm not sure if I want a funeral. But after I die I hope the people who knew me will stop to truly listen and appreciate the music both of their lives and in their lives. I believe music is one of the greatest gifts people share.

50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? I asked myself "Is it raining?"

***
I mentioned Citizen Cope earlier in my blog so I'll mention him again. Politically aware and in touch with the humanitarian side of music, Citizen Cope has an easy sound and welcoming appeal. Check out the video of "Sideways" below. It's truly beautiful.

2 comments:

Jaclyn Muns said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaclyn Muns said...

Wow this is a tad bit interesting...just this week as I was downloading walk-up songs for the baseball team, I was introduced to Citizen Cope. One player has two songs from him: "Let the Drummer Kick" and "Bullet and a Target". He is quite impressive, and I really enjoy your current blog selection from him. Yet again, your taste is exquisite.