Sunday, August 2, 2009

Fashion Forward with Oxfords

Simple canvas lows, trojan sandals and boat shoes of the season seem to be marching out of the way for a classic Oxfords. Traditional black and/or brown oxfords, metallic silver oxfords, neon oxfords, oxfords with shorts, or oxfords with cuffed pants, it's all in style. When I first started wearing these early summer people looked at me with intense curiosity and now strangers are coming up to me with compliments meaning that if you haven't seen much of them yet I'm almost sure you'll see more come Fall.




***
Lately I've been jamming on a lot of Kid Cudi. Not so much the intensely popular "Day 'n' Night" Kid Kudi, but Kudi of "Man On the Moon" and "The Prayer." I love the way he puts hip hop on ice and sings pop culture phenom one liners with ease. He's a student who incorporates his genre and subtly transcends it. In "The Prayer" he confronts hip hop directly, "If I slip away, if I die today, the last thing you remember won't be apple bottom jeans and the boots with the fur." Undoubtedly, we'll remember something much more important.

Kid Kudi - "The Prayer"


Kid Cudi - "50 Ways To Make A Record"

0 comments: