Monday, August 3, 2009

Re: Sneakers


Many of you may remember my talk on sneaker trends and the democratization of footwear this past spring. In it I suggested that the lines between dress shoe and sneaker will continue to blur. I also wondered if sneaker companies would capitalize on this trend as much as actual stylish clothing brands. Other than the Nike Cole Haan partnership (which doesn't really count) or brands like Puma (which still remain largely casual), we aren't really seeing brands like Adidas spiffing up their shoes to create comfortable hybrid dress shoes and I wonder why that is.

It seems like the H&M or Zara type places that sell casual footwear are the ones that are winning out. Specialty brands like Marc Jacobs, Swear, and Schmoove have also capitalized on this concept of creating sneaker like dress shoes. Does this mean that streetwear is going to swing back away from the cool of casual sneakers and back toward something "nicer?" Is this what the new oxford trend is telling us? Your guess is as good as mine.

***
Tonight I'm listening to Marching Band, a Swedish indie pop rock group.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello friends. I'm really into shoes and I was searching for that meticulous brand. The prices for the boots are around 230 bucks on every page. But definitively I set this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order them. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good morning dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging for the sake of that particular make. The prices for the boots were around 180 dollars on every site. But for all I found this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good morning friends. I'm really into shoes and I have been looking for the sake of that meticulous make. The prices for the boots were approximately 220 pounds everwhere. But for all I base this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good morning fellas. I'm really into shoes and I was searching for the sake of that particular model. The prices due to the fact that the velcros are around 300 dollars on every site. But finally I bring about this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order these. what is your opinion?