Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Obsessed With Augmented Reality

Until a few days ago I was fairly ignorant when it came to Augmented Reality (AR). And then I found the application below.

Nearest Tube, An Augmented Reality App for the iPhone

Now I'm obsessed with Augmented Reality but in my research I've been particularly fascinated with the attitude of people in the AR community. They are extremely forward thinking and I believe this is one of the reasons why AR will accomplish incredible feats in the future. They're so confident, so inspiring, and so full of opportunity. One of the most common phrases I keep hearing as I read up is, "When technology catches up we could build..."

From now I want to apply the same attitude to my thoughts on marketing, advertising, and life in general. It's not about adapting and staying caught up to emerging technologies (phrases I've heard so often), but anticipating them and foreseeing their capabilities. That, I think, is the trick. So thank you AR and everyone in it. You've already, even though I have yet to use your technologies, changed my life.

***
For rock music that makes you feel like you're flying, check out Fanfarlo.






0 comments: