Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I Just Applied For a Job At Google

Yes, you read that right. I put the job in my job cart and sent it away. What job, you might ask? Well I applied for the New York City based Media Lead position in the Creative Labs.

And wouldn't that require like, a lot of experience, you ask? The answer to that question would be a resounding yes. This position requires eight years experience but in my rare case I'm hoping that the fact that I'm in my twenties and going on 40 will do something for me.

And now you want to know what I wrote in my cover letter? Why of course I'll show you. I'm warning you that you'll probably finish reading it and ask if I really did send that pun filled email to Google. Again, your answer is yes. Enough questions though, here's what I wrote:

Hi Google,

My name is Lauren Proctor and new media marketing is my passion. I follow the beat with an unwavering commitment and think of so many ideas for connecting brands with people in meaningful ways through modern media that more than one person in my life has asked if new media communication is as essential to me as the water or salt that keeps me alive.

I'm also a Google fan who believes that your new real time search engine will blow Twitter and Facebook (even with the acquisition of Friendster) out of the water and wonders why the drop down menu asking applicants to disclose the type of phone number they provided doesn't include Google Voice as an option.

When it comes to actual experience in the field my CV doesn't have much to show but in that regard I suppose I'm only taking from the Larry Page and Sergey Brin model of shooting high right from the beginning.

I am, after all, a hard working quick study with a knack for innovation and a hankering desire to make waves (pun intended) in the Google community.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon. This is one chance you want to take.

Trust me,

Lauren
Google Voice number 347.926.3232

***
Beautiful Music: Orin Lavie - "Her Modern Elegance"

0 comments: